DASH-IF calls for nominations for the "Best PhD Dissertation Award on Algorithms and Protocols for Adaptive Content Delivery over the Internet." The winner will be chosen by a committee consisting of the DASH-IF members. All dissertations within the scope that have been successfully defended in 2019, 2020 or 2021 (before the submission deadline) are eligible for nomination. The winner will be awarded 500 USD.
The student's advisor or the scholar most familiar with the student's research must send the nomination. Nominations must be emailed to dashif-award AT acmmmsys.org with "Dissertation Award Nomination" in the subject line by the submission deadline.
The nomination letter should be written in English and it should include the following information:
- The title and abstract of the dissertation
- The name, affiliation and contact information for the nominee and nominator
- The name of the institution where the dissertation was defended and the date of the defense
- A two-page summary of the significance of the dissertation research that explains the precise nature and merits of the work
- A PDF copy of the dissertation
- A list of publications produced from the dissertation